Symptoms of cervical spondylosis may appear in those as young as 25. The condition generally begins earlier in men than in women. Many people with spondylosis that is seen on X-rays do not present any symptoms. In fact, lumbar spondylosis (spondylosis in the low back) is present in 27%-37% of people without symptoms and may require possible treatment.
Common Symptoms of Spondylosis
- Back and neck pain due to nerve compression (pinched nerves), a result of bulging discs and bone spurs on the facet joints
- Localized pain and regional tenderness
- Muscle spasms
- Pain that worsens with prolonged standing, sitting and forward bending
- Numbness and tingling
- Weakness in one or more limbs
- Loss of bladder or bowel control
The Bonati Spine Institute encourages patients with spondylosis to contact us to request a no-obligation MRI review or discuss your conditions with our medical professionals. Find out why The Bonati Spine Procedures are considered to be among the world’s best solutions when it comes to advanced spine surgery. Your pain from spondylosis can become a thing of the past.