Advantages of The Bonati Spine ProceduresMarcelo Eguino2022-12-20T12:02:00-04:00
Advantages of The Bonati Spine Procedures
OVER 75,000 PROCEDURES AND A WORLD
OF REASONS TO BELIEVE IN BONATI
The Bonati Spine Institute offer many advantages over both traditional and so called “laser spine surgery”. In recent years, “laser spine surgery” and “minimally invasive spine surgery” have become buzzwords used by medical marketers to present themselves as being on the leading edge. However, despite the fact that The Bonati Spine Institute was the first spine surgery center in the U.S. to obtain FDA approval for the use of Holmium YAG laser in spine surgery, the laser is just one of the tools that may be used in our procedures and minimally invasive only describes an approach. What our surgeons do with these tools, combined with their extensive knowledge and expertise are what truly differentiate us from other centers for spine surgery.
The Bonati Spine Institute was the first surgical center to adapt the field of arthroscopy in spine surgery. It is indeed where minimally invasive spine surgery began. Subsequently, The Bonati Spine Procedures have been improved and perfected over the past 30 years, and today represent the most advanced spine surgery.
Some of the advantages of The Bonati Spine Procedures include:
• These procedures are truly minimally invasive. The Bonati Spine Institute has resisted the economic pressure of utilizing hardware or performing fusions and stayed true to its belief that most spinal conditions can be treated in a minimally invasive fashion, without further damage to the body. In effect, many treatments today are marketed as “minimally invasive”, when in reality they are introducing hardware into the body or performing fusions. These procedures are invasive by their nature and cannot be called “truly minimally invasive spine surgery”.
• The Bonati Spine Procedures are performed under local anesthesia and conscious IV sedation. Therefore, the patients remain awake, aware and alert during the procedure, which allows for direct communication with the surgeon as the pain is alleviated.
• The Bonati Spine Procedures are performed through a small incision. Therefore, they are less likely to cause significant scar tissue or blood loss, while maintaining the spine’s mobility.
• The Bonati Spine Procedures are gentle enough to be performed on an outpatient basis. Overnight hospitalization is not required after these procedures, which dramatically reduces recovery time and medical cost.
• Unlike old-fashioned “open” spine surgery, dissection of the muscles and removal of large sections of bone are avoided. Patients experience far less pain and trauma and a faster return to normal activities.
• Avoiding general anesthesia allows us to treat a greater range of patients including those with pre-existing conditions who would otherwise not be cleared to undergo spinal surgery.
• The Bonati Spine Procedures allow for fast return to work. The lasting effect of these procedures enables patients to return to their normal activities within days and to enjoy their life without pain.
• The Bonati Spine Procedures have been shown to be highly effective in decompressing the pain-causing nerves without resorting to spinal fusions. Unlike fusion, they do not lock the vertebrae and spine maintains its mobility, therefore, they avoid putting excessive stress to upper and lower vertebrae and are very successful in avoiding adjacent segment disease.
• The Bonati Spine Institute is world-renowned in its ability to treat previously failed back surgery performed at other facilities, including the removal of hardware inserted in spinal fusions. In fact many of our patients come to us after receiving failed back surgery at other facilities or after being told there’s nothing else that can be done for them.
Contact us to request a no-obligation MRI review or discussion with one of our spine surgeons to see if you are a candidate for The Bonati Spine Procedures.