• Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
Education and Training
• University of Seville, Seville, Spain – Medical School: M.D.
• Suburban Hospital, Bethesda, M.D.
• Franklin Square Hospital, Baltimore, MD, General Surgery
• Cook County General Hospital, Chicago, Illinois
• University of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama. Neurosurgery supernumerary; rotation; neurosurgery – pediatric and adults at both University Hospital and Veterans Hospital under the direction of Dr. Gailbraith.
• Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
• Georgetown University, Washington, DC, General Surgery
• Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC, Four year Orthopaedic Residency which included: General adult orthopaedics; Crippled children’s clinic; Extensive training in clinical and surgical scoliosis management; Hand surgery and microvascular and re-implementation surgery. Moses Cone Hospital: Arthroscopy and intra-articular surgery; General orthopaedic and trauma. Forsyth Memorial Hospital/Whitaker Care Center: Rehabilitation training. Wake Forest University: Clinics in amputee and myelodysplasia.
• International College of Surgeons in Orthopaedic Surgery
• The American Academy of Neurological and Orthopaedic Surgeons
• Southern Orthopaedic Association
• International Intradiscal Therapy Society
• Bowman Gray Alumni Association
• Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
• Association of American Physicians and Surgeons
• Southern Medical Association
• American Medical Association
• American Association for the Study of Headache
• North American Spine Society