Todd A. Kuether, M.D.
Dr. Todd A. Kuether joins the team of surgeons at the Bonati Spine Institute with a distinguished career in all aspects of brain and spine surgery. Dr. Kuether received his medical degree from University of Kansas in 1993. He then moved to Portland to begin his internship and residency which he completed in 2000 and has been in private practice since.
He is a Board-certified neurosurgeon who has been in private practice at the Kuether Brain and Spine Institute in Tualatin Oregon until joining the Bonati Spine Institute. Dr. Keuther has also held faculty positions as the Director of Neurotrauma at the Legacy Emanuel Hospital and Chair of Neurosurgery at the Good Samaritan Hospital.
Dr. Kuether is committed to providing the best experience and patient care as possible, and has had both neck and back surgery himself, making him especially suited to understanding the patient’s needs.
Education and Training
- 1985-1989 University of Kansas, Lawrence Chemical Engineering/Premed, B.S.
- 1989-1993 University of Kansas, Kansas City School of Medicine, M.D.
- 1993-1994 Surgical Intern Oregon Health Sciences University,Portland, Oregon
- 1994-2000 Resident Division of Neurological SurgeryOregon Health Sciences University Portland, Oregon
- 1996-1997 Neurointerventional Fellow
- 1998-1999 Dotter Interventional Institute Oregon Health Sciences University Portland, Oregon
- Board Re-Certified, American Board of Neurological Surgeons, May 2024
- 2015-present Director Neurotrauma, Legacy Emanuel Hospital
- 2015-present Chair Neurosurgery, Good Samaritan Hospital
- 2010-2014 Vice Chair Neurosurgery, Good Samaritan Hospital
- 2010-Present Kuether Brain and Spine, Tualatin Oregon
- 2005-2010 Medical Director, Neurointerventional Service, Providence Brain Institute,
- Portland, Oregon
- 2000-2001 Assistant Professor, Dotter Interventional Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon
- 2000-2010 Microneurosurgical Consultants, Portland, Oregon