John Grossmith, M.D.
Dr. John Grossmith is the former Chairman of Neurosciences at the Naval Medical Center in San Diego, CA, and Principle Investigator for the Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center. His civilian experience includes service as an Emergency Department Physician at Henry Ford Hospital and as Staff Neurosurgeon at Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes, IN. Dr. Grossmith is certified by The American Board of Neurological Surgery.
Dr. Grossmith served a surgical internship at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD, and served his neurosurgical residency at the Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI. His medical experience includes service at the Defense Veteran Brain Injury Center, as an Associate Professor at the Uniform Services University of Health Sciences, and at the Advanced Trauma Life Support (California), State Facility.
• The American Board of Neurological Surgery
• M.D. Texas A&M University, College Station, TX
• Surgical Internship, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
• Neurosurgical Residency, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI
• Basic Microsurgery Certification
• Midas Rex Spinal and Cranial Training
• Certification in Leksell Viewing Wand
• 11th Annual Spine and Peripheral Nerve Workshop
• Principles and Practice of Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
• Microsurgical Approaches to the Brain, Ventricles and Skull Base
• Good Samaritan Hospital
• Henry Ford Hospital Fairlane
• Naval Medical Center San Diego
• Defense Veteran Brain Injury Center
• Uniform Services University of Health Sciences, Associate Professor
• Advanced Trauma Life Support (California), State Faculty