Miguel Lis-Planells M.D.
Dr. Miguel Lis-Planells is a 5 time winner of the Patients’ Choice Physician Award and has been recognized 6 times by the Consumers’ Research Council as one of America’s Top Surgeons. He is a Distinguished Master of the American Board of Hospital Physicians and has received a Certificate of Tribute from the Michigan Governor’s Office and a Certificate of Merit from the Michigan House of representatives. Dr. Lis-Planells has personally mentored physicians in minimally invasive spine surgery in Texas, Michigan and Indiana and has conducted 22 presentations to neurological surgery and pain management societies across the United States and Canada. He has also written numerous professional publications with an emphasis on image guided neurosurgery on vascular malformations. Dr. Lis-Planells has served on the faculty of a number of leading medical device companies and is active on the board of a number of worldwide Catholic philanthropic organizations. He is also fluent in Spanish, English, German and Italian.
Education and Training
• (1989) M.D. Our Lady of the Rosary University, College of Medicine, Bogota, Colombia
• (1989) Rotating Surgical Internship, Fundacion Santa Fe de Bogota, Medical Center of the Andres, Bogota, Colombia
• (1990 – 1991 ) Post-graduate training in Neurological Surgery, College of Medicine, Hospital de San Jose, Our Lady of the Rosary University, Bogota, Colombia
• (1991) Post-graduate training in Neurological Surgery, University of California at Irvine, Irvine, California
• (1993 – 1996) Post-graduate training in Neurological Surgery, Wayne State University
• Diplomate of the American Board of Hospital Physicians
• Diplomate of the American College of Ethical Physicians
• Diplomate of the American Academy of Disability Analysts
• Diplomate of the American Academy off Pain Management
• Medical Director, South East Michigan Surgical Hospital
• Vice-Chief, Department of Neurosurgery, Sinai-Grace Hospital, Detroit Medical Center, Wayne State University
• Medical Director, Spine Clinic, DMC Surgery Hospital, Wayne State University
• Chief, Department of Surgery, Madison Community Hospital
Click edit button to change this text.